Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Assistant Professor/Electronic Resources and Technical Services Librarian
What's in this Guide?
This guide will help you find information for your Essay Assignments, including books, ebooks, articles from library databases, videos and websites. Use the Tabs above for the following:
- Get topic ideas and get started using reference books.
- Find books & ebooks by searching the Westchester Community College Library and beyond.
- Find articles from academic journals, magazines and newspapers by searching the library databases.
- Watch films and videos in the Westchester Community College Library and stream for free online.
- Find quality websites with criticism and analysis.
- Learn how to evaluate and cite your sources in MLA Style.
Opposing Viewpoints In Context
Covers current social issues. Includes viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles.
Full-text dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, thesauri, encyclopedias, quotations and atlases, plus a wide range of subject-specific titles.
A collection of full-text encyclopedias and handbooks on a variety of subjects.
Caption: Examples of research sources: Council on Foreign Relations, WCC Database Opposing Viewpoints Entry.