Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reference Databases for Background Information
Full-text dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, thesauri, encyclopedias, quotations and atlases, plus a wide range of subject-specific titles.
A collection of full-text encyclopedias and handbooks on a variety of subjects.
What can you gain from background research?
- Words or phrases that are specific to your topic.
- Major ideas related to your topic
- People places, time periods that are relevant to your topic
- Additional readings on your topic
- Information thats answers basic information on your topic (the who, the what, the where, the when)