Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Boyhood Movie Paper
Watch Boyhood (2014) by Richard Linklater. In Boyhood we watch as Mason grows up from age 6 to age 18.The movie is available to rent or purchase on amazon, itunes, google play, youtube and Family Video. You can also rent the movie for free from your local public library.
Submit a 4 page, MLA style, double spaced paper discussing how the movie Boyhood portrays key concepts, principles, and/or overarching themes of human behavior.
- Choose one of the developmental stages of this 12 year time span to complete the following requirements:
- Identify what stages of psychosexual development Mason is in and what evidence do you see to supports this?
- Identify the tasks associated with this stage in Erikson’s stages of psychosocial stages of development. How do you see Mason struggling with the tasks?
- At this stage in Mason’s life what are his strengths and stressors related to his biological dimension?
- At this stage in Mason’s life what are his strengths and stressors related to his social dimension
- At this stage of Mason’s life what are his strengths and stressors related to his psychological dimension.
- Finally, after watching the movie how do you think his family experiences/dynamics (i.e, parental divorce, single parent, domestic violence, substance use) impacted his development?
- Research 2 articles (from peer reviewed journals) to support your thoughts. You will need to find 2 scholarly peer reviewed articles to support your position.