This guide was designed to demonstrate the varied types of sources you might access for your Thesis and Bibliography assignment for Professor Williams's Modern Latin America course. You will also find this guide helpful to your final Oral Presentation project, for which you must identify an audio/visual source.
- SELECT A TOPIC/SUBJECT FROM THEMES COVERED IN THE TEXTBOOK! YOU MAY SELECT ANY THEME FROM CHAPTERS OF “MODERN LATIN AMERICA”
- WRITE A THESIS (see Jules R. Benjamin for definition of Thesis and how to construct your thesis)
- USE THE TEXTBOOK/CHAPTERS TO CREATE A TENTATIVE BILIOGRAPHY (MLA) FORMAT (5 SOURCES)
- BUILD ON YOUR TENTATIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY BY FINDING OTHER SOURCES AND ADDING NO LESS THAN 10 TO YOUR BIBLIOGRAPHY
- YOUR FINAL BIBLIOGRAPHY SHOULD BE NO LESS THAN 15 SOURCES (BEST IF THEY REFLECT A RANGE OF TYPES).
Oral Presentation Project:
Select an audio or video source on the topic to share in class and host a Q&A.
Finotti, Leonardo. Torres Del Parque Residential Complex. 2014. Museum of Modern Art, New York. MoMA Online Press Office RSS. By Rogelio Salmona. Web. 31 Mar. 2015.