Adapted from Jamie Conklin at Souther Illionis University, here are suggestions for incoropating sustainability in class:
1) Have students investigate their local environment, research the history of the issue, and make recommendations for improvements.
2) Find an online video to show in class to generate discussion, point them to podcasts, and have them create their own to share a sustainability message.
3) Encourage students to Get Involved! Either by volunteering or by finding an organization and learning how to join its efforts.
4) Introduce students to local Food sources and have them visit and write or talk about their experience at a farmers' market, restaurant, or "pick your own" farm.
5) Assign students to choose 1-3 changes they can make for Living Green and journal and/or share their experience with the class. At the same time, model a change in class, such as allowing only reusable water bottles in class.