Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
When To Use Google Books
When to Use Google Books
- To search the full text within books
- To review the table of contents of some books
- For historical information or primary sources
- Download a public domain version of some books
- Review images within popular magazines through the years for popular culture research or to find advertisements
About Google Books
From a search perspective, Google Books works like regular Google -- simply enter your terms and scan the results. One nice feature of Google Books is the reference page on books. You'll see a summary, reviews, related books, information about the author, and more.