Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in This Guide?
Welcome! This research guide was created for students in Professor Cianci's Developmental Psychology - Lifespan course.
This guide is a customized resource for this particular course and assignment.
You are required to write a 3-5 page paper using professional sources that addresses one of the following topics:
- Discuss the development of gross and fine motor skills from infancy through early childhood.
- Discuss how culture can affect development.
- Discuss Piaget's theory of cognitive development.
- Analyze a children's book (or series), movie or TV show and discuss its impact on child development.
The resources on these pages will help you:
- Find background information about your topic.
- Formulate a search strategy on your topic.
- Find articles in the library databases.
- Find e-Books in the library catalog.
- Evaluate the sources you have found.
- Cite your sources properly to avoid plagiarism.
- Get additional help from the Writing Center and Academic Support.
- Log in from off-campus.