Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome! This research guide was created for students in Prof. Fidel's English 101 class and is a customized resource for this assignment.
Your assignment is to write a Research Paper on a topic of your choice.
You are required to create a thesis and support it with credible research.
You will need to locate authoritative sources and integrate them into the text of your paper. You should use multiple sources with different points of view and compare them.
Citing your sources correctly is an important component of any research assignment. Your essay should include parenthetical (in-text) citations and a Works Cited page using MLA 8 style formatting.
If you have any questions about research and citations, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's in This Guide
The resources on these pages will help you:
- Find background information about your topic
- Formulate a search strategy on your topic
- Find articles in the library databases
- Find e-Books in the library catalog
- Evaluate the sources you have found
- Cite your sources properly to avoid plagiarism
- Get additional help from the Writing Center and Academic Support
- Log in from off-campus