Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome! This research guide was created for students in Dr. Eiden's General Biology 2 class.
This guide is a customized resource for this course, which you can refer to as you conduct your research.
Citing your sources correctly is an important component of any research assignment. If you have any questions about research and citations, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WCC librarians are holding a series of citation workshops this semester. The dates are posted under the "Citation Help" tab above.
What's in this guide?
The resources on these pages will help you:
- Formulate a search strategy on your topic
- Find scholarly articles in the library databases
- Find biology journals in the library catalog.
- Find e-Books in the library catalog.
- Evaluate the sources you have found.
- Cite your sources properly in APA format to avoid plagiarism
- Use the Writing Center for help with your drafts.
- Get additional help
- Log in from off-campus.