Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome! This research guide was created for students in Prof. Alammar's English 101 class, and is a customized resource for this assignment.
Your assignment is to write a 7-10-page Research Paper on one of the following topics:
- Sports and Society
- Election-year Politics
- What it means to be an American
- Gender and Society
- Technology and Society
You are required to create a thesis, and support this thesis with credible research.
You will need to locate authoritative sources and integrate them into the text of your paper. Your sources should be balanced, and include primary, secondary and tertiary sources.
Citing your sources correctly is an important component of any research assignment. Your essay should include parenthetical (in-text) citations and a Works Cited page using MLA 8 style formatting.
If you have any questions about research and citations, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
What's in This Guide
The resources on these pages will help you:
- Find background information about your topic
- Formulate a search strategy on your topic
- Find articles in the library databases
- Find e-Books in the library catalog
- Evaluate the sources you have found
- Cite your sources properly to avoid plagiarism
- Get additional help from the Writing Center and Academic Support
- Log in from off-campus