Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This guide will help you with your career research paper to:
- Get Started with Research
- Search for Books & Media
- Search for Articles
- Find Online Sources
- Cite Sources
- Get Help
Researching Your Dream Job or Career
The resources on these pages will help you in researching a career or your dream job.
The information you find should answer the following questions:
- What is the definition of your career?
- What are the duties and responsibilities?
- What kind of education and training do you need?
- What courses should you take?
- How can you advance in your career?
- What kind of salary can you expect?
- How is the job outlook?
Margaret Foster, Chemist ca 1919.
Source: Library of Congress, Prints and Photograph Division. "Miss Margaret D. Foster, Uncle Sam's only woman chemist, Oct. 4/19" Digital ID: npcc 00520 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/npcc.00520.